We’ve got a weekend jam packed with exclusive events in our stores. Not only will you get the chance to meet a designer new to FC, but you’ll get a first look at new spring items from some of your favourites!
Introducing: Lois Laine
Born out of the love of earth and beauty, Lois Laine is a contemporary women’s clothing line that is both elegant and playful. Lois Laine believes that clothing can be beautiful, comfortable, and pleasurable. We double the pleasure by being ecologically responsible. What could feel
better than a beautiful, timeless garment made from sustainable fabric?
We want our customers to feel good in every way.
Creator, Lois (Elaine) Van Koughnet has a background in
both theatrical costume and interior design who showcases the influence of historical shapes as well as architectural lines in her garments. Lois is also a nature lover with a deep connection to the natural world drawing inspiration from
seasonal energies as well as animal and plant forms.
Meet the designer and shop Lois Laine at Fresh Collective Roncesvalles this Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-5pm as she hosts a special guest trunk show!
Spring Preview: Desserts & Skirts / Michelle Carey
Our Queen St store is also full of fun this weekend, as designers Nicole Boudreau and Michelle Carey will be on-hand to show of new spring designs AND sell off past season’s stock at great prices!
Desserts & Skirts – Spring 2013
Michelle Carey – Spring 2013
Both designers will be in store Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 1pm-5pm. Stop in, say hello, and grab something special for yourself!
As always, keep an eye on the FC EVENT CALENDAR for upcoming events, sales and trunk shows!
Check out this cozy little number, perfect for Holiday Shopping! Top: Nicole Boudreau, Skirt: Kabuki (buy now), Boots: HushPuppies (buy now), Lipstick: Dalish
5 Tips for Holiday Shopping:
1. Start Early: This seems obvious, but if you’re like me, you’ll go in to the season with the best intentions to start early, only to find yourself rushing around crowded malls on December 23rd. I get it. START NOW! Pop to the mall on your lunch break during the week when shops are bound to be less crowded.
2. Make a List: Sit down and take some time to think about the people you need to shop for. Write down some ideas of what you’d like to get for them, this way you won’t be doing lap after lap, going back when you’ve realized something you should have bought. Scan your list as you enter each store to see if you can check off more than one person there.
3. Shop Online: Avoid the crowds all together by shopping in the comfort of your own home! Just be sure to get your web shopping done early as shipping times can get dicey with the abundance of holiday orders!
Shop Fresh Collective online here.
4. Do It Yourself: Creating a unique gift made with love by your own two hands is a lovely way to bring a smile to a loved one’s face! Need some inspiration? Check out our Holiday DIY Board on Pinterest.
5. Bring a Friend: Holiday shopping can be super stressful. Make it an event to look forward to by adding a good friend to the equation. Meet for a coffee beforehand somewhere you can catch up, have a laugh, and plan your holiday shopping strategy together. This is also a good way to find a thoughtful gift for that very friend! Keep an eye on what catches their eye and make a mental note of it for later!