We have 5 positions available in a real-world training program for window displays. Successful applicants will receive training and the opportunity to create windows for all three Fresh Collective fashion boutiques as part of a team being trained and supervised by Fresh Collective’s Window Display Leader.
Please note: This is an unpaid legal internship for the purposes of training. We work closely with educators to ensure that students receive training and valuable experience while being part of our team, and to ensure that all legalities of internships are complied with.
Fresh Collective is committed that our interns get a valuable experience, a powerful reference and ample portfolio material. This is an unpaid internship for students or professionals looking to gain experience in the industry, and the time commitment is 10 hours per month. No previous experience or training is necessary. This program can jump start your career if you’re crafty, committed and creative. Interested? Read on!
During the program interns get:
- up to 1 year of experience creating and executing exciting windows in a real world environment to build their portfolio – our store windows are the team’s blank canvases!
- a budget for materials
- a coach and manager committed to their success and training
- opportunities to create in-store displays, blog entries about their work and to otherwise create their own program and projects
- opportunities to win awards in community competitions put on by the Business Improvement Associations
Upon successful completion interns will receive:
- a full report rating them on the key career skills of reliability, promptness, leadership, initiative, causing teamwork and communication as well as creativity and skill in executing the displays
- a reference letter from the Merchandising Manager detailing their successes in the program
What we expect of participants:
- interns commit to a minimum of 3 months at a time and are welcome to stay for up to a full year, renewing their 3 month agreement each season
- commit a minimum of 10 hours a month of work and are welcome to do more as needed and desired
- cause teamwork- take leadership in empowering the group to complete work as a team and use each other’s skills to the fullest
- reliability, promptness and follow through on doing what you say you will do
*** Please note, there is flexibility to customize this program based on the needs of your college or co-op program. Please get in touch and we can discuss what your needs are and how we can fit you into this program. *****
Application – email email@example.com with:
- cover letter explaining what you would want to get out of the internship and what you have to offer
- photos of your work
Application deadline: July 15, 2014 for our first team; September 30 for our second team